Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bowling in Burghausen ( or at least in the little town right next to it)

So last night I went bowling with the Women's Breakfast group that they have here in Burghausen. It was quite the experience. I have broken down the main points of interest for you from last night and have included some pictures:

Music: On the plus side I was able to sing along with almost every song that the played in the bowling alley; however, the down side was because I had listened to these songs when I was in the fifth grade. We had a nice medley that included but was not limited to the following songs: Ice, Ice Baby, Me So Horny, Music from Night at the Roxbury, Sweet Home Alabama, and many more. Now I will say I believe I did hear two songs in German- one sounded like a song from Titanic and the other one involved you making gestures like you were swimming. I am not sure which was worse.

Food: Now I will admit I do not expect any form of gourmet dining when I order food from a bowling alley, but this was pretty bad. Perhaps I should not have ordered nachos in Germany and at bowling alley, but I thought how hard could it be to make chips with cheeses on them??? Apparently this is a very difficult task in Germany and you should just stick to ordering meat, cheese, and bread. They usually do those three things very well.

Drinks: I can honestly say this is the first time I have gone to a bowling alley that has a FULL bar. Sure back home you can get a pitcher of beer, but that is about your max. There is even a button on each lane that you hit for service ( i actually hit this when our bowling pins froze up thinking they would service the lane, when actually a waitress showed up instead!). They even give away free drinks. At one point they announced that the next person to get a strike gets a free Sex on the Beach. I am happy to report that someone from our group did win this! Leave it the Americans to win the free drinks!





Overall, it was a blast. I ended the night in three intense games of Air Hockey, which I am happy to report I won all three in a clean sweep, 9-4/9-3/9-5. Sorry LeAna. Better luck next time!

1 comment:

  1. You fail to report who kicked your tail in bowling.... =)

    ReplyDelete