Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gnomes, Elves, and Fairy tales....

So living over here is Germany, I have found myself saying that it feels like I am in a fairy tale. You have these big castles, medieval looking architecture on some buildings, and what look like gingerbread houses right out of Hansel and Gretel.

The one thing I can not figure out though is why inside everything is so close to the ground.....washing machine, dishwasher, beds, couches, toilets. You name it and it is probably only about 3-4 inches off the ground if it does not sit directly on it. It is not like there are a whole bunch of really short people running  around Germany. In fact, a lot of people here are pretty tall. So why the shortness ask the 6 foot tall woman?

Here is my theory: I am convinced that there are little gnomes in leiderhosen who come in during the night and do laundry and clean, and then when you leave the house during the day they make the beds and clean under the furniture. My only question now is where do I sign up for them and/or how long do you have to live in Germany before they start working? Is it a union thing or just independent contractors....who knows. So for now I guess I will just have to keep waiting and doing the cleaning myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment